We’re proud of our many faculty authors who are advancing their fields through their writing and research.
Patricia Ann Carlson
Educational Telecommunications; Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia
- Carlson, P. A. (1992), "Varieties of Virtual: Expanded Metaphors for Computer-Mediated Learning," in Edward Barrett (Ed.), The Social Creation of Knowledge: Multi-Media, Hypermedia, and the Social Construction of Knowledge. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 53-77.
- Carlson, P. A. (1991), "Virtual Text and New Habits of Mind," in H. Maurer (Ed.), New Results and New Trends in Computer Science. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, pp. 25-53.
- Carlson, P. A. (1989), "Hypertext and Intelligent Interfaces for Text Retrieval," in Edward Barrett (Ed.), The Society of Text: Hypertext, Hypermedia, and the Social Construction of Information. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 57-76.
- Carlson, P. A. (1988), "Hypertext: A Way of Incorporating User Feedback into On-line Documentation," Text, Context, and Hypertext: Writing with and for the Computer. Edward Barrett (Ed.), Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 91-110.
- Carlson, P. A. (1984), "A Freshman Course in Writing and Problem Solving," in Carl H. Klaus (Ed.), Writing and Learning in Higher Education: Model Courses and Programs. Boynton/Cook.
Juan de la Rosa. Memorias del último soldado de la independencia de Nataniel Aguirre. Edición crítica. La Paz: Plural Ediciones, 2010.
Latin American Testimonial Literature. (Re)presentation and (self)construction of the subaltern subject. This is a book that examines testimonial literature using examples from Bolivia, Guatemala and Peru. This is published in Spanish as seen in the citation below:
La literatura testimonial latinoamericana. (Re)presentación y (auto)construcción del sujeto subalterno, Madrid: Editorial Pliegos, 2003.
Schematic Capture With PspiceSchematic Capture with Microsim PspiceSchematic Capture with Microsim Pspice for Win 95/98/NTPersonal Computer Fundamentals for Technology Students: Hardware, DOS, and WindowsPersonal Computer Fundamentals for Technology Students: Hardware, Windows 2000, Applications
- Making Mathematics with Needlework: Ten Papers and Ten Projects, 2007
- Chapter 9: The Graph Theory of Blackwork Embroidery
Michael A. Kukral
Richard A. Layton
Donald E. Richards
Anne M. Houtman
Dr. Houtman, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, joined Rose-Hulman in 2016 after serving as dean of the School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering at California State University, Bakersfield. She also led the Thomas H. Gosnell School of Life Sciences at Rochester Institute of Technology from 2011-13.
Dr. Houtman earned her doctorate in zoology from the University of Oxford, a master’s degree in anthropology from UCLA, and a bachelor’s degree from Pomona College. She also attended Harvard University’s Institute for Management and Leadership in 2015 and is also a Rose-Hulman professor of Biology and Biomedical Engineering