Rose-Hulman among Top 'Colleges that Pay You Back'

Friday, February 03, 2017

Woman and man talking at Rose-Hulman career fair.

Land Of Opportunities: Contributing to the institute's strong payback factor, the Princeton Review cited Rose-Hulman among the best colleges nationally for internships (No. 5) and career placement (No. 8).

Rose-Hulman has once again been recognized for providing an outstanding return on investment while providing exceptional internship opportunities and career placement-ranking near the top in the Princeton Review's 2017 edition of Colleges That Pay You Back: The 200 Schools That Give You the Best Bang for Your Tuition Buck.

In the book, Rose-Hulman is featured in the following categories:

  • Colleges That Pay You Back : No. 29 (and the top-ranked Indiana college)
  • Best Schools for Internships: No. 5
  • Best Career Placement: No. 8

The Princeton Review chose the colleges and universities based on return on investment (ROI) ratings it tallied for 650 institutions. The ratings considered more than 40 areas, from academics, cost and financial aid to graduation rates and student debt, to alumni salaries and job satisfaction. The Princeton Review editors also culled data from the company's surveys of administrators and students from the 2015-16 school year, along with surveys of college alumni, conducted from fall 2015 to fall 2016.

On its website, the Princeton Review stated that students attending colleges featured among the 50 Colleges That Pay You Back "don't have to mortgage their futures to pay for their degrees-and we believe they will graduate with great career prospects."

Rose-Hulman alumni surveyed by had a $68,000 median starting salary and $117,000 median mid-career salary.

The Office of Career Services reports the placement rate for Rose-Hulman's 2017 graduating class already at 55 percent as of January 23, after nearly 360 companies attended the first of two on-campus career fairs for this school year. Nearly 80 percent of this year's seniors have had at least one internship or undergraduate research experience.