We select a model each year so that everyone has the same laptop. Laptops must be paid for at the time the order is placed in June. If you indicate the payment is by loan, the loan must be secured and the laptop paid in full by freshman move-in day.
Our campus network includes 7,000 wired Ethernet ports and an extensive IEEE 802.11a/b/g wireless network, which means you can work online nearly anywhere on campus. That includes all residence-hall rooms, snack bar and nearly every classroom and lab. The wired Ethernet infrastructure is a fully switched 100Mbps network with a 45Mpbs connection to the Internet.
What comes in your laptop bundle?
- Laptop computer
- Software suite
- Free upgrades on software as long as you're a student
- Four-year warranty
- Carrying case
- Ethernet connection
- Wireless network interfaces
Specifications for the incoming freshman laptops are coming soon! In the meantime, check out what last year's class got below.
The 2017-2018 freshman class is using the Dell Precision 5520:
- Intel i7-7820HQ
- Nvidia Quadro M1200M with 4GB RAM
- 15.6” Display 1920x1080 w/ 720p HD Camera
- 16GB DDR4 RAM (2 modules)
- Intel 8265 802.11ac with Bluetooth 4.1
- 56 WHr Primary Battery
- Backlit Keyboard
- Two USB 3.0, One Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type C), SD Card Reader
- 1 HDMI
- 256 GB Solid State Drive; spare drive bay (m.2 SATA only)
- TPM 1.2 Security Chip
- 130 Watt AC Adapter
- 4 year Warranty with Accidental Damage Protection
Have questions? View our FAQs below.