I regularly teach the required courses, Calculus I to III, DE I, and DE II. I've also taught most of the upper level applied or analysis courses, dabbling occasionally
in number theory or algebra.
My courses for spring quarter 2018-19:
Student Research Supervision
I've supervised 32 undergraduates in the Rose-Hulman Mathematics REU from 2002-2012. See the REU Inverse Problems Page for a list, as well as links to their reports. I've also helped Deborah Walter in the Rose ECE department supervise groups of students (about 20 undergraduates and two masters students) on various projects for the US Air Force Research Labs, related to geolocation of RF emitters.
- Matthew Moon, 2017-2018, "Anomaly Detection in Hyperspectrral Images"
- Maxx Philiposian, 2017-2018, "Producing Quality Images From Reduced Data Using Compressed Sensing"
- Daniel Hartung, 2016-2017, "Compressing Sensing for Imaging Cracks in Conductors"
- Travis Baumbaugh, 2013-2014, "Compressed Sensing for Geolocation"
- Chase Mathison, 2012-2013, "Determining Material Parameters via Impedance Measurements"
- Casey Shotwell, 2010-2011 (Air Force Academy), "Cloaking Against Thermal Imaging"
- Nichole Stilwell, 2010-2011 (Air Force Academy), "Impedance Imaging for Corrosion Detection"
- Kris Williams, 2008-2009, "Pricing Financial Derivatives with Non-Tradable Underlyings"
- Steve Torno, 2008-2009, Morphological Image Segmentation: An Overview with Examples
Past courses I've taught (links not necessarily active)
- Here are some mathematical activities I used for a group of advanced 5th graders in the fall of 2006 in Mrs. Morris' class at Clay City Elementary School.
- MA 111, Calculus I
- MA 112, Calculus II
- MA 113, Calculus III
- MA 211, Differential Equations I
- MA 212, Matrix Algebra and Systems of Differential Equations
- MA 223, Engineering Statistics
- MA 250, (Rutgers), Introduction to Linear Algebra
- MA 275, Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics I
- MA 330, Vector Calculus
- MA 336, Boundary Value Problems -- MA336
- MA 341, Mathematical Modeling
- MA 348, Continuous Optimization
- MA 366, Real Analysis
- MA 367, Complex Analysis
- MA 350, (Rutgers), Linear Algebra
- MA 371, Linear Algebra
- MA 375, Discrete and Combinatorial Algebra II
- MA 378, Number Theory
- MA 381, Probability
- MA 431, Calculus of Variations
- MA 433, Numerical Analysis
- MA 436, Partial Differential Equations
- MA 439, Mathematical Methods in Image Processing
- MA 460, Harmonic Analysis (Topics in Analysis)
- MA 471, Linear Algebra II
- MA 466, Introduction to Functional Analysis
- MA 490, Introduction to Option and Derivative Pricing (special topic)