- 44 Economics Credits
- 39 Mathematics Credits
- 36 Humanities/Social Sciences Credits
- 24 Physical or Life Science Credits
- 8 Engineering Management & Computer Science Credits
- 41 Free Electives (40) College/Life Skills (1)
- 16 Disciplinary Distribution Credits
- 28 Concentration Area Credits
- 12 Foreign Language Credits
- 4 Senior Project Credits
Minors in Humanities & Social Sciences
Actuaries analyze the financial costs of risk and uncertainty. They use mathematics, statistics and financial theory to assess the risk that an event will occur, and they help businesses and clients develop policies that minimize the cost of that risk. Actuaries’ work is essential to the insurance industry. Employment of actuaries is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Actuaries will be needed to develop, price and evaluate a variety of insurance products and calculate the costs of new, emerging risks. The median annual wage for actuaries was $100,610 in May 2016. -- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The HSS classes at Rose-Hulman teach you how to look at the problem objectively, weigh multiple inputs and to effectively communicate the most logical solution.