Joshua Holden's Personal Home Page
- Office Location: G207
- Office Phone: (812) 877-8320
- Office Fax: (812) 877-8883
- Email Address: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~holden
- Mailing Address:
- Joshua Brandon Holden
- Department of Mathematics
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Box # CM125
- 5500 Wabash Avenue
- Terre Haute, IN 47803-3999
- Born Joshua Brandon, June 4, 1970, in Mankato,
Minnesota. Not dead yet.
- Married Lana Holmes, April 9, 1994, in Norwich,
Vermont. (We combined our names. Get it?)
- There's more personal information on my Facebook page.
- A.B. in Mathematics, Harvard
- A.M. in Mathematics,
- Ph.D. in Mathematics,
- Postdoctoral position, Mathematics Department, University of
- Postdoctoral position, Mathematics Department, Duke University,
- Tenure-track position, Mathematics
Department, Rose-Hulman Insitute of Technology,
- I used to be a member of the extremely (something) Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists.
Here are pictures.
Unfortunately, I had to resign now that I've cut my hair!
Number Theory and Cryptography
Mathematics and the Arts
Things I've Written
My Curriculum Vitae
I used to have a link to a list of interesting web sites here. But
that's so 1990's, don't you think? (Besides, I couldn't keep it up
Why school standards are declining
From a Massachusetts teacher's newsletter, 1924:
Only 10 out of every 1,000 American boys are graduated
from college. Of every 1,000 boys in first grade, 970 go on to the
second grade, 940 remain through the third grade, 905 the fourth
grade, 830 the fifth grade, 735 the sixth grade, 630 the seventh
grade, and 490 the eighth grade. Of the original 1,000, only 230
enter the high school, 170 finish the second year, 120 the third
year, and 95 are graduated from the high school. Fifty men enter
college, 40 keep on to the end of the second year, 20 to the end
of the junior year, and 10 are graduated.
No wonder the ones who made it through could meet higher standards!
Return to: Faculty and Staff List * Department
Mathematics * Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology