Requirements for International applicants
Online International Application Form
There are two types of admission for International students:
- Freshman admission is for those students who are finishing secondary school and are ready to begin university-level studies.
- Transfer admission is for those students who have graduated from secondary school and are enrolled in a college or university.
International students may apply Early Action (EA) or Regular Decision (RD). The EA deadline to complete the application and submit all required application materials is November 1, with notification on or before December 15. Early Action is non-binding. You are not required to make your enrollment deposit until May 1, but you are notified of your application decision earlier in the process. If you apply Early Action and you do not have all application materials in by the deadline, we will automatically roll you to Regular Decision. Regular Decision applicants must submit an application and all required materials by February 1st.
A completed application for admission includes:
- The International Student Application (see below)
- SAT-I or ACT results
- A letter of recommendation
- An official copy of the secondary school record
- An affidavit of support indicating your ability to fund the cost of attendance at Rose-Hulman
- An official copy of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) report or IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- If English is not your native language:
- TOEFL Minimums
- 80 Internet Based
- 215 Computer Based
- 550 Paper Based
- IELTS Minimums - 6.5 or above
Completion of the intensive English program through Interlink or ELS Language Centers can replace the TOEFL or IELTS requirements. See the links below
INTERLINK at Indiana State Univeristy
ELS Language Centers