Why participate in
We can help you
- Pick a project/advisor.
- Get money for project
- Help arrange credit or work-study pay for
- Meet other students who are working on
- Learn more about careers/graduate school
through our seminar series.
- Get money to travel with your advisor to
present your work to national audiences.
How do you get an advisor/project
There are three normal routes
- You already talked with a faculty member,
and they have already agreed to advise you on a
- You have some faculty members you are
interested in working with. Go talk with them and try to
arrange a project.
- You aren't sure what projects are
available, or where to start. Then we suggest two steps
- Look over the
projects in the Projects section.
- Come see us
(Olson and/or Onyancha) and talk over your
we can point you towards some
likely faculty sponsors.
What do you do after you have an
Write an IP/ROP Grant proposal as explained
in the How to
What are your responsibilities if your proposal gets
There are four main requirements set
by the IP/ROP program
Of course, your advisor will have other
requirements related to actually doing the project!