Milestone 8: Final report
1. Final Project Report
The final project report should be submitted in pdf format and consist of the following components:
- Cover page, include team name, architecture name (if any), team number and names of all team-members
- Table of contents, include section and sub-section numbers with page numbers
- Brief introduction to the processor
- A more detailed overview of your instruction set design, your implementation, your final model, your testing methodology, and any final comments on the design
- Description of your project's unique features. For example:
- Robustness of your HW/SW tests
- Capabilities of your assembler/SW tools
- Function of kernel/system code
- Descriptions of "extra" features of your project. You should include
examples of how to run these features (if appropriate). You should also
ensure that a full set of robust instructions is included in your repository. Examples:
- Interrupt/Exception support
- FPGA support
- An appendix of your complete design documentation.
- An appendix of your design process journal(s)
- Any useful test results collected
- Any other appendices needed to support your document
Your report will be graded based on content, layout, and clarity.
Be sure to replace any hand drawn diagrams with computer designed versions.
Your final design report should be placed in the
directory of your team's repository.
As an example of a professional report on a processor you can reference the data sheet for the MIPS R4300i processor.