Requirements for freshman applicants
You are invited to submit your application for admission to Rose-Hulman in the fall prior to the year you wish to be admitted - for incoming freshmen, that's the fall of your senior year. Rose-Hulman does not accept the Common Application.
Prospective freshman applicants can choose to apply Early Action (EA) or Regular Decision (RD). The EA deadline to complete the application and submit all required application materials is November 1, with notification on or before December 15. All application materials must be postmarked by November 1 to be considered for EA. Early Action is non-binding. You do not have to make your nonrefundable enrollment deposit until May 1, but you are notified of your application decision earlier in the process. If you apply Early Action and you do not have all application materials in by the deadline, we will automatically roll you to Regular Decision.
Regular Decision applicants must submit the application by February 1 and all materials must be postmarked by February 1. Decisions will be mailed on or before March 15.
If accepted you'll be asked to send a nonrefundable enrollment deposit by May 1. It saves your spot in the freshman class and is credited towards your tuition and fees. The housing application will be sent to you after the May 1 deadline.
A completed application for admission should include:
- A completed freshman application form (see below)
- A transcript with the following course preparation: 4 years English, 4 years Mathematics, 2 years Social Sciences, 1 year Chemistry, 1 year Physics
- Minimum test scores from either the SAT of 500 Critical Reading & 550 Math or ACT 21 English & 24 Math
- A copy of your senior schedule. Please note that not all high school transcripts indicate your senior schedule. You may type up your schedule and submit via email or via our document upload. Please make sure your name is on all additional documents you submit.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or principal
- International students must also supply an affidavit of financial support and an official copy of TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Consideration is also given to class rank, grades, strength of curriculum and involvement in student activities.
Once admitted and prior to registration, an official copy of your high school transcript with graduation date must be received by the Office of Admissions.
Online Freshman Application Form
Information on credit for AP, IB or College Coursework.
|August 1 - February 1
||Early Action deadline
|December 15 (EA), March 15 (RD)
||Enrollment deposit due