Global Experience Fellowship: Know Your World
|Photo by Ian Fong
Student Fellowship Recipient
Angelica Cox, a math and economics major, added studying at the University of Santiago de Compostela, one of Spain's leading colleges, to her education. "I want to immerse myself in a place of education much more different from my norm...and to see a different culture. I also want to have a life-changing experience," she said.
Rose-Hulman is committed to enhancing our students' global competitiveness by enriching their knowledge of the world. Our Global Experience Fellowship helps fund travel to make it easier for more students to study abroad and gain this valuable global depth.
Through this Fellowship, Rose-Hulman Office of Global Programs:
- Encourages the exchange of faculty members with international universities
- Ensures the continuing quality of the international exchange program
- Enhances a Rose-Hulman education with global experience
The Rose-Hulman Fellowship Program provides financial grants for travel and living expenses for our students involved in international exchange programs, study abroad, overseas internship, and other global projects. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis each academic year. Each spring, summer, and fall, up to three students will be selected as Rose-Hulman Global Experience Fellows and will receive travel grants up to $1,000.
In general, applications are considered on:
- Motivation for global experience
- Academic record
- Language preparation (if applicable)
- A plan for the expenditure of the fellowship, and country to be visited.