When to do what regarding financial aid
Timeline is so important when it comes to financial aid. Plan ahead so you don't miss any of these crucial deadlines.
Fall to December of Your Senior Year
January to March
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning January 1. You will need the Rose-Hulman school code, 001830, and the Federal Student Aid PIN you received as instructed above.
- Indiana Residents- State of Indiana Grant consideration requires that the FAFSA be received by the government on or before March 10 of each year.
March to June
- Receive Student Aid Report (SAR); review, correct if necessary, and retain for your records.
- Receive Rose-Hulman's Financial Aid Award Notification in March.
- Provide copies of notification letters of all other scholarship sources and mail to the Rose-Hulman Financial Aid Office.
- To become a member of the freshmen class, make an enrollment deposit to Rose-Hulman's Admissions Office on or before May 1.
- Housing request forms are mailed out in May.
June to July
- Receive award notification from the Indiana Commission of Higher Education Division of Student Financial Aid, if eligible for state grants.
- Receive information on promissory notes for Stafford and Perkins loans, if awarded. Follow instructions to return the notes.
- Late July, mailing of housing information.
- In July, mail of workstudy letter and tax forms.
- Pay the balance due for the Fall term.
- Attend new student orientation.
- Start classes