REU Application Information
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted electronically, using the link
above. A complete application consists of:
- a completed application form, including letter of interest,
- two letters of recommendation from professors who will comment on your mathematical potential, motivation and work habits, and
- a current college transcript; an unofficial transcript will suffice.
We prefer that letters of recommendation be sent using a web
interface, which may be accessed using the electronic
application form link above. For full consideration, please make sure
your application is complete by Friday, February 22,
Female, minority and physically disabled students are encouraged to apply.
Contact InformationYou can contact the co-Director (for general questions and inquiries) at:
Professor Al Holder, co-Director
Department of Mathematics - REU
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
5500 Wabash Ave.,
Terre Haute, IN 47803
Questions about specific research areas should be directed to the associated faculty member.
Participant background, requirements and selection:
Participants are expected to meet the following:
- must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or its possessions;
but we do not have funding for international students who are not
permanent residents, nor the means to accept self-funded students,
- must be a full-time undergraduate as of September 2013,
- must devote their full time to the program and not engage in any other course work or employment during the program,
- should have some background
- should have some experience in using a high level
mathematical package or programming language, e.g., Maple, Mathematica,
Matlab, C, Pascal, Java, or dedicated statistical package.
Participants will be selected
according to the above criteria as well as demonstrated mathematical
creativity, motivation, and good work habits, as determined from the
application materials and recommendation letters.
applicants will be notified by email about the completeness of their
application a couple of days after the deadline date. Unless previously
notified, a final notification that the search is closed will be
emailed after all positions have been filled and confirmed in writing
(this could take a month). If you have any questions about the
status of your application, especially if you are trying to make a
decision on accepting another summer position, please email the program director who will happy to give you a prompt response.