IEEE Eta Kappa Nu Epsilon Eta Chapter
What are the requirements to join Eta Kappa Nu?
As discussed in the about section, academically members must be in the top 25% of the junior class or top 33% of the senior class or graduate school also the top 20% of those who have completed at least 1/3 of thier course work (65 credits) are eligible. You must be an Electrical or Computer Engineering Major to be considered. On top of this the following are required of all Eta Kappa Nu Members:
- Possess an unimpeachable character
- Are able to make use of the knowledge and information acquired
- Have the capacity and willingness for hard work
- Work in harmony with all types of people
- Have a genial nature
What is a historical GPA minimum to meet the academic requirements.
In the 2011/2012 school year the minimum GPA to be in the top 25% of the Junior Class was 3.56 and to be in the top 33% of the senior class the minimum GPA was 3.45. These numbers will change year to year due to being based on a percentage. If you would like to know where you stand in the class that information can be obtained from the registrar.
How would you be able to know that I posses the non-academic traits listed?
Part of the initiation process requires a current Eta Kappa Nu member to vouch for you regarding these traits. If you are interested in joining it is recommended that you attend events where HKN members would be for example the IEEE-HKN Picnic, Explore Engineering, IEEE Meetings, or prospective member events. Also consider joining the facebook group here Rose-Hulman Eta Kappa Nu Facebook.
So what are the benefits of joining HKN?
The benefits of joining HKN include:
- The chance to network with others people who strive for excelence
- Access to the Rose-Hulman HKN Linkedin Group
- Free lifetime membership to IEEE
- Access to special job search tools from the national orginization