HANOVER, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 7-2 on the women's tennis season and 5-1 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play with a 6-3 win at Hanover College on Saturday.
Winners in singles and doubles play for Rose-Hulman included sophomore Paige Cook (Terre Haute/North) at No. 2 doubles and No. 5 singles, and freshman Kylie McCollum (Lee's Summit, Mo./West) at No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles.
Sophomore Marie Stettler (Edgerton, Wis./Senior) combined with Cook for the win at No. 2 doubles, and sophomore Lauren Reberger (Brazil/Northview) teamed with McCollum at No. 3 doubles.
Other singles winners included junior Melissa Montgomery (Alexandria/Monroe) at No. 3, and sophomore Colleen Stevenson (Bolton, Mass./Nashoba Regional) at No. 4.
Rose-Hulman stands 7-2 overall and 5-1 in HCAC play. The Engineers return to action at home against Earlham College on Wednesday.
Rose-Hulman 6, Hanover 3
1. Allie Gullett (HC) def. Marie Stettler (RHIT) 6-3, 6-2
2. Danielle Miller (HC) def. Sage Sackett (RHIT) 6-0, 6-1
3. Melissa Montgomery (RHIT) def. Kim Fong (HC) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
4. Colleen Stevenson (RHIT) def. Heather Washburn (HC) 6-4, 6-4
5. Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Katie McKinley (HC) 6-2, 7-5
6. Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Kathleen Brinegar (HC) 6-3, 6-2
1. Allie Gullett/Danielle Miller (HC) def. Sage Sackett/Melissa Montgomery (RHIT) 8-2
2. Marie Stettler/Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Katie McKinley/Kathleen Brinegar (HC) 8-5
3. Kylie McCollum/Lauren Reberger (RHIT) def. Jennifer Hurst/Kalynne Miller (HC) 8-5