TERRE HAUTE, IND. --
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 8-2 on the women's
tennis season with an 8-1 victory over Earlham College on Wednesday
Winners in singles and doubles play for Rose-Hulman included
sophomore Marie Stettler (Edgerton, Wis./Senior)
at No. 1 singles and No. 2 doubles; sophomore Paige
Cook (Terre Haute/North) at No. 5 singles and No. 2
doubles; and freshman Kylie McCollum (Lee's Summit,
Mo./West) at No. 6 singles and No. 3 doubles.
Other winners included junior Sage Sackett (Kalamazoo,
Mich./Mattawan) at No. 2 singles; junior
Melissa Montgomery (Alexandria/Monroe) at No. 3,
and sophomore Colleen Stevenson (Bolton, Mass./Nashoba
Regional) at No. 4.
Sophomore Lauren Reberger (Brazil/Northview)
teamed with McCollum at No. 3 doubles.
Rose-Hulman improved to 8-2 overall and 6-1 in HCAC play.
The Fightin' Engineers return to action at Manchester College on
ROSE-HULMAN 8, EARLHAM 1
1. Marie Stettler (RHIT) def. Alex Softness (EC) 6-7 (5-7), 6-4,
2. Sage Sackett (RHIT) def. Jessica Childs (EC) 6-0, 6-1
3. Melissa Montgomery (RHIT) def. Julia Berner-Tobin (EC) 6-0,
4. Colleen Stevenson (RHIT) def. Vesta Davis (EC) 6-1, 6-2
5. Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Kayla Parks (EC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Anastasia Vladimirova (EC) 6-0,
1. Softness/Olivia Engle (EC) def. Sackett/Montgomery (RHIT)
2. Stettler/Cook (RHIT) def. Bailey Hall/Berner-Tobin (EC)
3. McCollum/Lauren Reberger (RHIT) def. Davis/Vladimirova (EC)