CINCINNATI, OHIO -- Rose-Hulman Institute of
Technology improved to 6-2 on the season and 4-1 in Heartland
Collegiate Athletic Conference matches with an 8-1 victory at Mount
St. Joseph on Sunday.
Singles winners included sophomore Marie Stettler
(Edgerton, Wis./Senior) at No. 1; junior Sage
Sackett (Kalamazoo, Mich./Mattawan) at No. 2; junior
Melissa Montgomery (Alexandria/Monroe) at No. 3;
sophomore Colleen Stevenson (Bolton, Mass./Nashoba
Regional) at No. 4; sophomore Paige Cook (Terre
Haute/North) at No. 5; and freshman Kylie
McCollum (Lee's Summit, Mo./West) at No. 6.
The doubles teams of Stettler and Cook at the No. 2 position and
Stevenson and McCollum at No. 3 also contributed victories.
Rose-Hulman stands 6-2 overall and returns to action on Saturday
at Hanover College.
ROSE-HULMAN 8, MOUNT ST. JOSEPH 1
1. Marie Stettler (RHIT) def. Bridget Kent (MSJ) 6-2, 6-4
2. Sage Sackett (RHIT) def. Kelsey Donovan (MSJ) 6-3, 6-2
3. Melissa Montgomery (RHIT) def. Lauren McDonald (MSJ) 4-6, 6-0,
4. Colleen Stevenson (RHIT) def. Carolyn Biedenham (MSJ) 6-0,
5. Paige Cook (RHIT) def. Brittany Hammond (MSJ) 6-0, 6-0
6. Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Sarah Kennedy (MSJ) 6-0, 6-0
1. Bridget Kent/Kelsey Donovan (MSJ) def. Sage Sackett/Melissa
Montgomery (RHIT) 8-6
2. Paige Cook/Marie Stettler (RHIT) def. Lauren McDonald/Carolyn
Biedenham (MSJ) 8-1
3. Colleen Stevenson/Kylie McCollum (RHIT) def. Brittany
Hammond/Sarah Kennedy (MSJ) 8-2
#1 in the nation for 15 years!
© 1996-2014 Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology