TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology improved to 3-0 in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's tennis action with a 9-0 victory over Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday night at the Wabash Valley Tennis Center.
Rose-Hulman opened the evening by sweeping the three doubles matches. The No. 1 team of Brandon Benedict (Indianapolis, Ind./Perry Meridian) and Georges Adam (Barueri, Brazil/Colegio Pentagono), the No. 2 duo of Matt Conrad (Anderson, Ind./Lapel) and Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) and the No. 3 team of Erin Miller (Stamping Ground, Ky./Scott County) and Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South Vigo) each captured victories.
In singles play, winners included Benedict, Adam, Conrad, Miller, Moore and freshman Joe Kendall (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Covington Catholic).
Rose-Hulman stands 3-4 overall and 3-0 in league play, while Mount St. Joseph dropped to 1-3 and 0-2 in league matches. The Fightin' Engineers travel to Transylvania on Saturday and host Franklin on Sunday in two conference matchups this weekend.
Rose-Hulman 9, Mount St. Joseph 0
1. Brandon Benedict (RHIT) def. William Knoll (MSJ) 4-6, 6-1, 6-0
2. Georges Adam (RHIT) def. Kyle Haas (MSJ) 6-1, 6-1
3. Matthew Conrad (RHIT) def. Ian Rowe (MSJ) 6-0, 6-4
4. Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Destin Lewis (MSJ) 8-3
5. Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Tony Faillace (MSJ) 8-2
6. Joe Kendall (RHIT) def. Christian Gleason (MSJ) 8-2
1. Brandon Benedict/Georges Adam (RHIT) def. William Knoll/Ian Rowe (MSJ) 8-3
2. Matthew Conrad/Nate Moore (RHIT) def. Kyle Haas/Tony Faillace (MSJ) 8-2
3. Ray Montgomery/Erin Miller (RHIT) def. Destin Lewis/Christian Gleason (MSJ) 8-1