LEXINGTON, KY. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology had a seven-match winning streak in men's tennis halted in a 6-3 loss at Transylvania University on Sunday.
Junior Ian Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba) led Rose-Hulman's effort with a victory at the No. 4 singles position. Stevenson also teamed with senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall) for a No. 2 doubles win.
The third doubles tandem of sophomore Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz./Home Schooled) and senior Randy Billingsley (Moline, Ill./Alleman) also claimed a 9-8 victory in the match.
Transylvania improved to 7-4 overall and 5-0 in HCAC play, while Rose-Hulman dropped to 7-5 and 4-3 in league matches. The Fightin' Engineers return home to face St. Francis next Sunday at 1 p.m.
TRANSYLVANIA 6, ROSE-HULMAN 3
1. Will Palmer (TU) def. Ben Paras (RHIT) 7-5, 6-0
2. Keith Henderson (TU) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 6-3, 6-2
3. Patrick Richardson (TU) def. Nathan Moore (RHIT) 6-3, 6-0
4. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) def. Tyler Pewitt (TU) 6-3, 6-1
5. Jordan Evans (TU) def. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 6-2, 6-1
6. Kim Pescher (TU) def. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) 6-3, 6-3
1. Will Palmer/Keith Henderson (TU) def. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) 8-4
2. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Patrick Richardson/Tyler Pewitt (TU) 8-6
3. Nathan Moore/Randy Billingsley (RHIT) def. Jordan Evans/Kim Pescher (TU) 9-8 (7-5)