TERRE HAUTE, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology won its seventh consecutive men's tennis match with a 7-2 victory over Greenville College at the Wabash Valley Tennis Center on Friday night.
Rose-Hulman won five of six singles matches and two doubles matches to earn its seventh straight win.
Singles winners included junior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) at the No. 1 position; junior Devon Fritz (Lakeside, Calif./West Hills) at the No. 2 spot; sophomore Nathan Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz./Home Schooled) at No. 3; junior Ian Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba) at No. 4; and senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall) at No. 5.
Paras and Fritz also won at the No. 1 doubles spot, with Stevenson and Lemmer capturing a No. 2 doubles victory.
Rose-Hulman improved to 7-4 on the season and is 4-2 on the conference campaign. The Fightin' Engineers return to action on Sunday with a trip to HCAC foe Transylvania University.
ROSE-HULMAN 7, GREENVILLE 2
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Ian Wolf (GC) 2-6, 6-0, 6-2
2. Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Jordan Tingle (GC) 6-4, 6-3
3. Nathan Moore (RHIT) def. Andrew Herlein (GC) 6-3, 6-2
4. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) def. Alex Dowley (GC) 5-7, 6-2, 1-0 (10-2)
5. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Ryan Haas (GC) 6-2, 2-6, 1-0 (10-8)
6. Michael Read (GC) def. Ray Montgomery (RHIT) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0 (10-6)
1. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) def. Ian Wolf/Andrew Herlein (GC) 8-4
2. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Jordan Tingle/Ryan Haas (GC) 9-8 (7-3)
3. Alex Dowley/Reid Ganton (GC) def. Randy Billingsley/Ray Montgomery (RHIT) 8-4