INDIANAPOLIS, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of
Technology dropped a narrow 5-4 decision to Trine University in
men's tennis action on Saturday.
The Fightin' Engineers earned singles victories at the No. 1 and
No. 5 singles positions. Junior Ben Paras (Tucson,
Ariz./Nordhoff) won at the No. 1 spot, with sophomore
Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) winning at
In doubles play, senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket,
Va./Stonewall Jackson) joined junior Ian Stevenson
(Stow, Mass./Nashoba Regional) for a win at the No. 2
spot. Moore and freshman Ray Montgomery (Terre
Haute/South) won at the No. 3 spot.
Rose-Hulman returns to action with matches against Franklin and
Indiana Tech on March 10.
Trine 5, Rose-Hulman 4
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Joe Dunbar (TRINEM) 6-2,
2. Dan Desper (TRINEM) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 6-4, 6-4
3. David Murray (TRINEM) def. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) 7-5, 7-5
4. Joey Clark (TRINEM) def. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 2-6, 7-5,
5. Natt Moore (RHIT) def. Trevor Derby (TRINEM) 6-2, 7-5
6. Nick Ihrie (TRINEM) def. Randy Billingsley (RHIT) 6-0, 6-4
1. Dan Desper/Joe Dunbar (TRINEM) def. Ben Paras/Devon
Fritz (RHIT) 8-5
2. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Ryan Richman/Trevor
Derby (TRINEM) 8-5
3. Ray Montgomery/Natt Moore (RHIT) def. David Murray/Nick Ihrie
#1 in the nation for 15 years!
© 1996-2013 Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology