INDIANAPOLIS, IND. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology dropped a narrow 5-4 decision to Trine University in men's tennis action on Saturday.
The Fightin' Engineers earned singles victories at the No. 1 and No. 5 singles positions. Junior Ben Paras (Tucson, Ariz./Nordhoff) won at the No. 1 spot, with sophomore Nate Moore (Scottsdale, Ariz.) winning at five.
In doubles play, senior Stephan Lemmer (Haymarket, Va./Stonewall Jackson) joined junior Ian Stevenson (Stow, Mass./Nashoba Regional) for a win at the No. 2 spot. Moore and freshman Ray Montgomery (Terre Haute/South) won at the No. 3 spot.
Rose-Hulman returns to action with matches against Franklin and Indiana Tech on March 10.
Trine 5, Rose-Hulman 4
1. Ben Paras (RHIT) def. Joe Dunbar (TRINEM) 6-2, 6-4
2. Dan Desper (TRINEM) def. Devon Fritz (RHIT) 6-4, 6-4
3. David Murray (TRINEM) def. Ian Stevenson (RHIT) 7-5, 7-5
4. Joey Clark (TRINEM) def. Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) 2-6, 7-5, 7-5
5. Natt Moore (RHIT) def. Trevor Derby (TRINEM) 6-2, 7-5
6. Nick Ihrie (TRINEM) def. Randy Billingsley (RHIT) 6-0, 6-4
1. Dan Desper/Joe Dunbar (TRINEM) def. Ben Paras/Devon Fritz (RHIT) 8-5
2. Ian Stevenson/Stephan Lemmer (RHIT) def. Ryan Richman/Trevor Derby (TRINEM) 8-5
3. Ray Montgomery/Natt Moore (RHIT) def. David Murray/Nick Ihrie (TRINEM) 8-5