Requirements for freshman applicants
Waived Application Fee: Apply before December 1!
You are invited to submit your application for admission to Rose-Hulman in the fall prior to the year you wish to be admitted - for incoming freshmen, that's the fall of your senior year. If you submit your application before December 1, there is no application fee.
Our rolling admissions policy means that we begin sending out application decisions in October and continue sending out decisions at least once per month through March.
If accepted you'll be asked to send a nonrefundable enrollment deposit by May 1. It saves your spot in the freshman class and is credited towards your tuition and fees. The housing application will be sent to you after the May 1 deadline.
A completed application for admission should include:
- A completed freshman application form (see below)
- A transcript with the following course preparation: 4 years English, 4 years Mathematics, 2 years Social Sciences, 1 year Chemistry, 1 year Physics
- Minimum test scores from either the SAT of 500 Critical Reading & 550 Math or ACT 21 English & 24 Math
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or principal
- While an essay is not required, you are invited to furnish additional information you believe to be supportive of your application. This might include an autobiographical sketch; SAT-II results; your reasons for studying engineering, science or mathematics; a description of a unique experience; or an essay about a favorite activity.
- Consideration is also given to class rank, grades, strength of curriculum and involvement in student activities.
Online Freshman Application Form
For more information on credit for AP, IB or College Coursework: Click Here.
|August 1 - March 1
|October - April
||Admission decisions made on a rolling basis
||Priority deadline (apply before this date and we'll waive the application
fee and essay requirement)
||Enrollment deposit due