The following rules govern the participation of graduate students in graduation exercises:
- To be eligible to participate in a Spring Commencement Exercise, a graduate student must have taken his/her final oral examination by the Friday of the sixth week of the spring quarter and must have completed all the requirements for the graduate degree by the Friday of the eighth week of the spring quarter. Students completing their requirements in the prior fall or winter quarters or prior summer are also eligible to participate in a Spring Commencement Exercise.
- Upon successful completion of all the requirements for a graduate degree, the student may request a letter of completion by the Registrar.
- Each graduate student who successfully completes all the requirements for a graduate degree is encouraged to participate in the next Spring Commencement Exercise for which he or she is eligible.
- Graduate students who complete the requirements less than one week prior to a given Spring Commencement, or after the Spring Commencement, cannot participate until the next Spring Commencement.
- Each graduate student who participates in the Spring Commencement will be individually "hooded" on stage as he or she receives his or her degree. All Master's completions for that year will be listed in the Commencement Program with their thesis or project title if applicable.
- Graduate students who have completed all the requirements for a graduate degree but who do not participate in the Spring Commencement will receive their diplomas by mail following graduation approval by the faculty and Board of Trustees.
Any questions concerning rules, procedures, etc., relating to graduate work should be directed to the Associate Dean of the Faculty.