Senior Design Projects
There are a total of eight senior design projects this year. The projects are
- Emerson Park Neighborhood Recovery Plan, Gary, Indiana (Client: Broadnax Enterprises)
- New Terre Haute Industrial Park from Terre Haute Coke and Carbon Brownfield (Client: City of Terre Haute)
- Covered Bridge Gateway Trail, Parke and Vigo Counties, Indiana (Clients: West Central Indiana Economic Development District and Covered Bridge Gateway Trails Association)
- Paris Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements, Paris, Illinois (Client: City of Paris)
- Terre Haute Community Theatre Improvements (Client: Community Theatre of Terre Haute)
- Rose-Hulman Northwest Campus Roadway Extension (Client: Hannum-Wagle-Cline Engineering)
- Ball State University Art Gallery, Muncie, Indiana (Client: Department of Architecture, Ball State University)
- Ghana Market, Mampotang, Ghana (Client: Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology)
As always, we have a broad range of projects under way. Two of the projects are unique this year. The Ball State University project is in partnership with the university's architecture program. The architectural design of the Art Gallery was developed by a Ball State architecture student in collaboration with our Rose-Hulman team, and the Rose-Hulman students are completing the civil engineering for the project.
For the first time, the Ghana Market project is being completed by a partnered team comprised of six students - three here at Rose-Hulman and three at Ghana's Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology. The team has been meeting regularly by Skype and the collaboration has gone well. The Ghana students completed their part of the project in the fall semester, so they defended their design in December. That defense includes our own three students participating in the presentation remotely.