Quantum Mechanics (comments
Suggestions from the CUPS
(Consortium for Upper
Software, published by John Wiley).
- 1D bound states
- Stationary scattering states in one dimension
- Quantum mechanical time development
- Electron states in a 1D lattice
- 3D bound states
- Identical particles in quantum mechanics
- Stationary scattering states in 3D
- Bound states in cylindrically symmetric potentials
One-dimensional bound states
Electron States in a 1D lattice
- This lets the user deal with a lattice of up to 12 sites, either a
regular lattice, or with an irregularity
- The mouse can explore wave functions at various energies, seeing how
each diverges, up or down.
- Will find and display all energies, Then will display whichever wave
functions the user wishes.
- Excellent tool at a number of levels, especially for effect of impurities
Symmetric 3-Dimensional Bound States
- Has a wide variety of potentials - square well, lennard-jones, etc.
- Solves for energy states. Will display the radial wave function
- User may select angular momentum quantum numbers, l and m.
- Displays probability distribution in the form of dots, which quickly
suggest the shape of the wave function