We are pleased to announce the availability of PACT'99 travel grants for students and junior faculty members.
The grant program is made possible through a generous donation from IBM.
The purpose of the grant is to supplement the advisor's research grants or the student's fellowship travel allowance to make attending PACT'99 even more affordable. Grant details are given below:
- Applicants presenting papers at PACT'99 will be given
priority in the selection process. We expect to award about 10
grants this year.
- A grant is intended to cover approximately 50% of the airfare, hotel, and
registration expenses, up to a maximum of $500.
- Grant applicants must be full-time active students with valid student ID or faculty members who have received a Ph.D degree within the last two years.
- Applicants must submit the application via email
by 7 SEPT 1999 to llegh@ uci.edu. Email confirming receipt of the application will be sent immediately.
Notice of final decision on applications will be sent by 27 SEPT 1999.
- Grant checks will be provided to recipients at the close
of the main symposium thread.
The following information MUST be provided in the application in order to be considered for the grant:
PACT'99 Home Page
- Name: specify the First and the Last name
- School/University: For faculty members, the school currently employed
- Expected degree and expected graduation date: For faculty members, specify the degree and the year received
- Area of research
- Name of advisor
- Paper title (if presenting a paper)
- Have you published at "PACT" before? If so, please list the years
- Expense estimates: airfare, hotel, and registration
- Email address for correspondence