- Can I buy more RAM for my laptop?
- How can I get a full screen display when using an external monitor with my laptop?
- How do I boot into SAFE MODE on a laptop?
- How do I configure the two side buttons on my external mouse that came with my laptop?
- How do I enable Bluetooth on my HP 8440, 8510 or 8530 laptop?
- How do I switch domains that I log into?
- The battery light does not come on to indicate charging, or the battery will not charge; what's wrong?
- What are the consequences if I install hardware upgrades on my laptop?
- Where can I find drivers and updates for my laptop?
- Why do I have to reset the date and time each time I turn on my laptop?
- Why doesn't my battery charge last as long as it should?
- Will I be given a new battery if mine goes bad?
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology has required incoming freshmen to have laptop computers since 1995. Each incoming freshman class has a unit selected for them by the Institute. Students can either purchase the laptop immediately or elect to place the computer on a four year payment plan.
Included in the Laptop Program is the computer itself, software, free upgrades on all software for as long as a student attends Rose-Hulman, insurance, four year warranty, carrying case, mouse, cables, modem and ethernet connection.
While on campus, students have Internet access via a DS3 (45 Mbits) which is accessed though the campus-wide gigabit fiber optic network backbone. All residence hall rooms have 100Mb connections for each resident and virtually all classrooms and laboratories have connections for every student. Even the snack bar in the student union has network connections! Furthermore, all academic buildings have 802.11a/b/g wireless network access so that you can access network resources from anywhere.