The Help Desk
The Help Desk provides our customers a central point of contact when computer-related assistance is needed. All questions or problems with desktops, laptops, hardware, software, or telephone service should be directed to the Help Desk.
- Phone us at 812-877-8989
- Dial 6000 on campus and say "Help Desk"
- Visit us on the first floor of Crapo Hall, room G-108
- Send an e-mail to helpdesk[at]rose-hulman[dot]edu
- For system status information call 812-877-8444
- If you're looking for Help Desk and other online request forms, check here:
Assistance from the Help Desk is available 24/7. During non-staffed hours, all voice mails will be forwarded to a pager and will be picked up by a full-time staff person. Issues of a critical nature are addressed in a reasonable time frame. The Help Desk is open year-round during the hours listed below except for declared Institute holidays.
Standard staff hours
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Laptop service hours
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am to 4:45 pm; Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Contacting the help desk after hours
During non-regular business hours (5:00 pm to 8:00 am, weekends, and institute holidays) calls to x8989 will activate a menu of options:
- Option 1 is to be used if a problem can wait until the next business day for resolution. You will be asked to leave a name, callback number and a detailed problem description in the Help Desk voice mailbox.
- Option 2 is to be used when you are reporting a major service outage requiring immediate attention. Please note that messages without a name and callback number will be ignored. Leave your name, callback number and a detailed message describing the problem. A senior IAIT staff member will automatically be paged between the hours of 5:00 pm and 10:00 pm. If the outage is reported between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am, the Office of Public Safety and Security will be automatically paged and will take appropriate action. You will want to verify that the problem you are reporting is also apparent to other users of campus computing services before leaving a critical problem message at x8989.
- Option 3 allows you to hear information regarding any current outages and the status of any related repair work. This system status information may be accessed directly at any time by dialing x8444.