Advancing the future of Rose-Hulman
Rose-Hulman was founded on the generosity of Chauncey Rose in 1874. The tradition of giving continues today as people recognize the value of providing a broad-based education in science, engineering, and mathematicians.
Why should you give to Rose-Hulman?
Tuition alone does not provide enough funds for the equipment, facilities, faculty, and staff required to offer the high quality education for which Rose-Hulman is known. Your gift supports Rose-Hulman to maintain and exceed standards like these:
- 69 percent graduation rate in four years (80 percent over six years)
- Career placement nearly 100 percent annually
- 99 percent of our faculty have earned PhDs; selected on ability to teach and area expertise
Because of our program, Rose-Hulman has been ranked the No. 1 engineering institution whose highest degree is a bachelor's or master's by U.S. News & World Report for 15 consecutive years. And we were named No. 1 in all of our engineering departments that are evaluated by engineering deans and senior faculty: mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, and computer engineering.
Gifts from corporations and people like you bolster the excellence for which Rose-Hulman is known. Gifts support Rose-Hulman’s ability to equip state-of-the-art classrooms, support faculty, and offer student scholarships.
Your gift enriches the lives of Rose-Hulman students who are future problem solvers. These scientists, engineers, and mathematicians in the making are among the world’s brightest young minds.
Gifts to Rose-Hulman
- Support student scholarships, helping the Institute recruit the brightest and most talented students, regardless of their financial circumstances
- Strengthen faculty excellence, allowing the Institute to attract, retain, and support a distinguished and active faculty
- Confirm the quality of the Rose-Hulman experience, given in appreciation for the endless doors of opportunity the Institute has opened
- Enrich the lives of Rose-Hulman students
- Invest in students who are inspired and prepared for lives of purpose and success
- Bolster Rose-Hulman’s world-renowned academic program and classroom experience
- Enhance Rose-Hulman’s ability to meet key needs of faculty salaries, student scholarships, and emerging opportunities within the academic program
- Further student engagement and increase teaching excellence
- Leave a permanent, positive legacy that helps educate Rose-Hulman students on the importance of giving
- Play a significant role in keeping the Institute’s academic program relevant and at the forefront of science, engineering, and mathematics education
- Transform student lives, raising their aspirations by developing in them abilities to define and solve the problems of a complex global society
- Make a difference for the hundreds of brilliant and deserving young men and women who otherwise could not afford to attend our outstanding Institute
Tax advantages of giving to Rose-Hulman
Gifts to Rose-Hulman not only support an outstanding education for students and help to enhance a nationally-recognized institution, but giving also offers you monetary advantages. Rose-Hulman is a non-profit institution of higher education, and classified by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c)3 organization. Charitable contributions may be deducted from itemized federal tax returns. For more information about tax advantages or forms, please email the Office of Planned Giving or call 812-877-8453.
Can't find your receipt?
If you made a charitable contribution to Rose-Hulman, but do not have a receipt for tax purposes, please email the Office of Development or call 812-877-8453.
Indiana college credit
The state of Indiana gives residents a 50 percent tax credit on gifts up to a total of $200 for single filers and on gifts up to a total of $400 for joint filers. Individual tax situations vary; please consult your personal tax adviser. For more information about tax benefits or forms, please email the Office of Annual Giving or call 812-877-8453.
Federal Tax ID Number - 35-0868149
Regulations governing the taxation benefits of deferred gifts and other asset contributions are complicated. Information provided by Rose-Hulman should not be considered legal, accounting or other professional advice. When making estate provision arrangements, individuals should consult with their financial advisor, independent tax advisor and/or attorney.