Grounds Services is responsible for maintaining the campus grounds providing students, faculty and staff with an aesthetically gratifying and safe place in which to learn and work. The unit consists of a Garage Mechanic, Refuse & Recycle Center Worker, five full-time Grounds Workers, two seasonal Grounds Workers, and also employs three to six student workers at various times throughout the year. On our staff we have a Licensed Commercial Pesticide Applicator in accordance with the requirements of the Office of the Indiana State Chemist.
Grounds Services performs the following tasks:
- Vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Landscape design, installation
- Tree, shrub, and flower bed maintenance
- Turf maintenance
- Sidewalk, parking lot, and roadway maintenance
- Pond and lake maintenance
- Animal control
- Snow and ice removal
- Installation and maintenance of grills, refuse receptacles and benches
- Refuse and recycling collection from the grounds and all buildings on campus
- Organization of and assistance to the students for Campus Beautification and Fall Brush Up
- Ground maintenance at Rose-Hulman Ventures
Contact Justin Perry at 812-877-8149.
Links of interest