What to expect from a Rose-Hulman student
When you recruit graduates from one of the top engineering schools in the nation, you can expect intelligent, well-rounded employees who are experienced enough to hit the ground running for your company. Even though their majors are in engineering, science or mathematics, our students are also required to take a number of humanities classes. In addition, their internships and senior projects give them real-world experience so they know about the importance of teamwork, diligence and good communication skills.
A quick look at our current freshman class gives you an idea of the caliber of student accepted to Rose-Hulman:
- 4,404 applications were received for admission for the 2014 freshman class
- Second largest freshman class in Institute history
- Median Class Rank (percentile): Top 7%
- 68 ranked in the top three positions of their high school classes (of schools that report rank)
- 127 women are in the freshman class
- 289 participated in community service
- Over 300 participated in performing arts
- 111 participated on academic teams
- 35 were members of newspaper or yearbook staffs
- 290 played varsity sports
- Median SAT: 590 critical reading, 710 math
- Median ACT: 30 English, 31 math
- 55 students have scored an 800 on the mathematics portion of the SAT or a perfect 36 on the math ACT
- 182 Indiana residents; 318 out of state; 82 international students
- 87 attended Operation Catapult
What do Rose-Hulman students study?
Rose-Hulman offers 21 programs of study plus an even larger number of minors. The largest number of students major in mechanical engineering, with chemical engineering and electrical engineering following. Programs of study include the following:
|Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Download enrollment figures by major for the current academic year.