Check the plug
- It seems like checking all the basics would waste lots of time. How do you know when to apply this rule?
- How much trust should you place in your tools?
If you didn't fix it, it ain't fixed
- What is the best way to verify a problem is fixed?
- Should you fix the problem without understanding what caused it?
- How can we avoid creating bugs?
Try using these tools:
- Check capacitance with the BK Precision multimeter.
- Compare resistance between the Craftsman and the BK Precision.
- Check air pressure with the dial and pencil gauges.
- Take your temperature three times (clean with alcohol first!).
- Compile your processor with Xilinx on Tuesday, then again the next day.
- Check the time on your computer; compare it to a different computer.
- Measure rice with measuring cups.
- Make Micah's laptop's wireless fail.
What are your thoughts on the reliability of our basic tools?