GHS tools install
We will be installing some debugging tools provided by Green Hills Software.
- Install VMware
- Visit RHIT-Banner > ROSEportal > VMware Webstore
- Make sure you have pop ups enabled for banner web or the store won't open
- Download and install VMware Workstation (Windows/Linux) or Fusion (MacOS)
- Make sure to copy the product serial number (you will need this for product activation)
- You can use different VM software if you want (for example, VirtualBox)
- Download Ubuntu distribution:
- For example, here is a recent release (1.9 GB).
- Any modern distribution will be sufficient but instructions are written for this one
Create a Virtual Machine in VMware
- Create a new virtual machine (File > new)
- Drag your Linux distribution to the new window to start installation then click continue
- Check "Make your home folder accessible to the VM"
- Save VM to default folder (rename if desired)
- Feel free to change the default amount of dedicated CPU cores and memory (Found in
"Processors and Memory")
- For my machine I did 4 cores and 16 GB
- Allocating too much to the VM will lower overall performance
- Exit out of settings and start VM by pressing play button
- Follow prompts to complete installation
Installing GHS Tools
After Linux is installed on the VM, follow these steps:
- Install git:
sudo apt-get install git
- Clone the repo with the tools:
git clone https://ada.csse.rose-hulman.edu/kremeran/ghs-tools.git
- Run the installer in the repo:
- Install dependencies when prompted. You may need to run
apt-get updateafter adding the i386 architecture. Rerun the installer after the dependencies are installed.
- Click Advanced Install
- Change the paths to the
- Adjust paths by adding this to the bottom of your
- Setup the license:
- Select "License my MULTI products"
- Set value to
Show your instructor that you can run the Multi debugger by running