You want proof of Rose-Hulman's prowess? Okay, then.
|We know you math, science and engineering types. You're always wanting to see the proof that something is true. Well, here's the external evidence that Rose-Hulman ranks highly nationwide (and we truly deserve to wave a foam finger #1!).
U.S. News & World Report repeat, three-peat…twelve-peat and counting
For 16 years, Rose-Hulman has been deemed the No. 1 engineering institution not offering the doctorate. On top of that, our established engineering departments have all been named No. 1: mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical and computer engineering.
Other books, magazines and reports that include us in their lists of great colleges
Featured in The Princeton Review's 2014 The Best 378 Colleges
- Ranked the top 20 in the following areas:
- Most Accessible Professors- No. 7
- Best-Run Colleges- No. 16
- Students Study the Most- No. 18
Featured in Fiske Guide to Colleges
- "Rose-Hulman offers the rare combination of technical education and personal attention"
- Guide identifies Rose-Hulman's commitment to innovation and states it "continues to innovate today"
Accrediting boards that say we're good at what we do
- The Higher Learning Commission
A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
Chicago, IL 60602-2504
- Department of Education of the State of Indiana
- American Chemical Society
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Students who've received national recognition
- For 29 consecutive years, at least one Rose-Hulman student has been named an Academic All-American, meaning he or she excelled in the classroom AND in athletics.
- Our Challenge X teams have earned top team and individual honors in national engineering competitions.
- Many students have been named to the All-USA College Academic Team featured in USA Today.
- Rose-Hulman's human-powered vehicle team won top honors at the American Society of Mechanical Engineers East and West Coast Challenges.
Professors who've earned the spotlight
- Faculty have been named Fulbright Scholars, meaning they earned scholarships to study internationally and bring that knowledge back to the Rose-Hulman classrooms.
- Applied biology and biomedical engineering professors Renee Rogge, Kay C Dee and Glen Livesay received Best Paper Award in the Design in Engineering Division (DEED) at the American Society of Engineering Education Conference.
- Associate professor of mechanical engineering Richard Layton was among the authors of a paper receiving the William Elgin Wickenden Award, the best paper published in the Journal of Engineering Education.
- Professor of applied biology and biomedical engineering Peter Coppinger was featured in Campus Technology magazine for using interactive software from DyKNow for his real-time classroom assessments.
- Head of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering was named the Outstanding Entrepreneurship Educator during the American Society of Engineering Education Conference.
- Rose-Hulman ranked No. 9 among the top 50 smartest colleges in the Lumosity report, counting it among other schools in the top ten, such as MIT, Stanford and Yale.
- In several key areas Rose-Hulman scored highest among all participating schools in a recent PACE (Project to Assess Climate in Engineering) assessment concluding that Rose-Hulman has developed effective strategies to help women and under-represented minorities feel comfortable and succeed in engineering programs.