Goals and Strategies
The Strategic Planning Committee has developed strategies to guide the Rose-Hulman community to fulfill our newly redefined Mission and Vision statements.
Click on each goal to view its associated strategies.
Goal 1: Rose-Hulman will support and recognize excellence in teaching, learning, innovation, and intellectual growth-both in and out of the classroom.
- Strategy 1A
- Establish an endowed Innovation Fund to support creative, innovative, and/or timely new educational initiatives.
- Strategy 1B
- Create an endowed Center for Technologically Enhanced Education to support development of online and hybrid courses and to support and inform all activities related to science, engineering, and mathematics education.
- Strategy 1C
- Increase the number of ways Rose-Hulman supports and recognizes excellence in teaching, professional development, and learning.
- Strategy 1D
- Establish endowed faculty chairs to recognize and support excellence in scholarship, teaching, or professional skills.
- Strategy 1E
- Construct a state-of-the-art, LEED-certified teaching and learning center to provide advanced classrooms and laboratories, as well as flexible spaces for projects.
Goal 2: Rose-Hulman will give students a vision of the breadth of their possible futures and will prepare them to achieve these futures.
- Strategy 2A
- Convey the message to current and prospective students that a science, engineering, and mathematics education can lead to a diverse range of futures that can positively impact the world.
- Strategy 2B
- Provide students with instruction and experiences that will instill confidence in their science, engineering, and mathematics fundamentals, professional and success skills, and ability to rise to difficult challenges.
- Strategy 2C
- Require every Rose-Hulman student to have at least one meaningful international experience.
- Strategy 2D
- Empower students with the skills required to deal with complexity.
Goal 3: Rose-Hulman will foster a culture of lifelong connection with all of our constituents.
- Strategy 3A
- Establish a "Forever Rose" initiative to provide increased opportunities for alumni to partner with Rose-Hulman, from participating in recruitment and admissions to enhancing a culture of connectedness and philanthropy.
- Strategy 3B
- Enhance and expand continuing education and other learning opportunities that can be offered online and in person to constituents.
- Strategy 3C
- Coordinate constituent information to ensure accessibility and transparency, and to strengthen relationships with these constituents.
Goal 4: Rose-Hulman will be a diverse, globally-connected, sought-after community in which to live, learn, and work.
- Strategy 4A
- Enhance the campus cultural environment of inclusiveness and achieve goals for the diversity of our student body, faculty, and staff.
- Strategy 4B
- Provide more opportunities for community members to experience the world and its diversity.
- Strategy 4C
- Become a globally connected community with a physical presence outside the United States.
- Strategy 4D
- Be a great place to work and the employer of choice for prospective employees.
- Strategy 4E
- Build a next generation, LEED-certified student life center that will include dining options, meeting space, student organization space, and informal gathering areas.
Goal 5: Rose-Hulman will be a model of a fiscally sustainable and affordable private institution focused on science, engineering, and mathematics education.
- Strategy 5A
- Launch a comprehensive, five-year fundraising campaign, which will include specific goals for current, capital, and endowment support and a specific focus on student scholarship/financial aid support.
- Strategy 5B
- Increase the percentage of average demonstrated student financial need met by 15 percent over the course of the next five years.
- Strategy 5C
- Adjust the Institute's revenue mix and cost structure to enhance significantly the affordability of a Rose-Hulman education and thereby strengthen the long-term sustainability of the Institute.
- Strategy 5D
- Expand alternative educational offerings and revenue sources to support the core mission of the Institute.
Goal 6: Rose-Hulman will have global name recognition for the excellence of our education.
- Strategy 6A
- Create and launch an integrated, strategic marketing plan to enhance recognition of Rose-Hulman's excellence and accomplishments through both earned and paid media.
- Strategy 6B
- Create "Ambassadorship Programs" to empower alumni, faculty, staff, and students to promote Rose-Hulman.
- Strategy 6C
- Encourage and support faculty, staff, and students in activities that bring recognition to Rose-Hulman, such as assuming leadership roles in national and/or international academic and professional organizations.