Lakeside Residence Hall
- Online energy consumption monitoring system
- Individual room thermostatic controls
- Room occupancy lighting sensors
- Directly-focused room lighting
- Recyclable flooring materials
- White thermoplastic material roof
Other energy-efficient features in the building are:The first LEED Silver certified campus building, this 240-bed, 75,000-square-foot residence hall located on the west edge of campus is packed full of energy-efficient amenities that reflects the institute’s commitment to sustainability. There are two wings that extend out at slight angles from a glass-enclosed center corridor. Its northern-facing stairwell also is a wall of glass, and every apartment- or suite-style room has large windows – showcasing that natural day lighting is a central feature of the hall’s design.