2000 AAPT Apparatus Competition
GUIDELINES FOR JUDGING
1. Judges will be selected by the Director(s) of the Competition. Spectators may also be asked to choose their favorite apparatus to produce a popular vote.
2. Apparatus must demonstrate originality of idea and/or simplicity of design of new, or modification of existing apparatus.
3. Apparatus must show good construction, reliable performance, and must not, in its display at the Competition, violate the safety provisions set forth under General Rules.
4. Apparatus must be accompanied by adequate supporting documentation to allow the judges to verify the physical principles demonstrated.
5. The participant's display should indicate the extent to which the apparatus is useful in an educational mode.
6. Until judging is complete, every effort must be made to preserve the anonymity of the entrants.