Required Reference Letter Information
If I have agreed to write a letter of recommendation for you, please provide the following:
- A copy of your transcript,
- A copy of your personal statement (if applicable),
- All necessary forms, and
- Addressed Rose-Hulman Mathematics Department envelopes (see Terri Moscan) without stamps.
In addition, at least two weeks before the first letter is due, e-mail me ("my last name" @ rose-hulman.edu) your answers to the following questions (the more detailed your answers the better):
- What is your name, year, and major(s)?
- For what are you applying? (scholarship, graduate school, etc.)
- List the programs to which you are applying with the corresponding due dates.
- How long have I known you, and what is my relationship to you? (instructor, advisor, supervisor, etc.)
Have you graded for me? If so, for what classes and when?
- Which of my classes have you taken and when, what was your final grade in each class, and how did you distinguish yourself in those classes?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What are some of your academic accomplishments?
- What are some of your nonacademic accomplishments?
- What makes me particularly qualified to write a reference letter for you?
- What makes you particularly qualified for this position/program/honor/award/etc.?
- What are your long term goals and will this position/program/honor/award/etc. help? If so, how?
- Are there any additional facts about you that could help me write a better letter for you, e.g.,
REU's, internships, interesting jobs, hobbies, etc?