The Rose-Hulman Approach to Undergraduate Research
- What Works for Us -
AMS-MAA Joint meetings in Baltimore
The Rose-Hulman approach to undergraduate research, as practised in it summer REU program, stresses:
and is supported by the RHIT programs:
The talk gives some background on Rose-Hulman, some examples of "doable" problems, and some thoughts on building the summer program philosophy into the regular program.
- "doable", interesting problems
- student - student & student -faculty collaboration
- computer experimentation (Magma, Maple)
- student presentations and writing
- consistent, though loose focus
Lecture and other materials
This page last updated on 20 Mar 01.