News and updates
- 221-May-2013 03:12 PM: A list of learning objectives for the entire course added to Files.
- 20-May-2013 06:03 PM: Answers to multiple choice questions for posted final available in Files.
- 16-May-2013 12:13 PM: Looking for a fun way to study? Try playing The Weakest Link (Or if you prefer, check out some pics of Dr. Thom's trip to Easter Island).
- 15-May-2013 01:11 PM: A sample final exam available in Files.
- 09-May-2013 11:45 AM Note correct to table below. Slides for design review due before
start of class 10:00 am on Friday.
- 02-May-2013 12:02 PM: Your first major project deliverable is due at 11:30 pm this unpcoming Sunday. Here is a reminder of the other important project dates:
|5/5 ||E-mail with dxf file and indication of strut hole due to instructor by 11:30 PM. Follow the directions! (See the "DXF file submission information" in Project files and info.) |
|5/7 - 5/10 ish ||Student teams inspect the manufactured links for flaws in manufacturing, and certify them ok. If not ok, they can be send back for a do-over. (See the Inspection document in Project files and info.)|
|5/10 ||Slides for design review due before |start of class 10:00 am. Helper posts slides on wall of hallway during class. (See the Design Review document in Project files and info
|5/10-5/12 ||Student teams create questions and submit online by 5 PM Sunday, 5/12.|
|5/13 ||Design Review Day 1. Students predict whether their colleagues' links will fail for bonus points. Students ask questions. (See the Rating Form document in Project files and info)|
|5/14 ||Design Review Day 2. (Same as above.)|
|5/16 ||Last day of class. Often award prizes are given this day.|
|5/17 ||Last day of quarter. No class. Reports due by 5 pm. (See the Memo Template document in Project files and info.)|
- 01-May-2013 03:42 PM: The Project files and info page has been updated with several important files, including
- Design Review Procedure
- Rating Form for Design Review
- Form for giving your approval of your manufactured part
- A template for your memo
- 26-Apr-2013 10:00 AM: You should go to this. Culture and free food, just what every college student needs.
- 25-Apr-2013 11:52 AM: The FAQ for the project has been updated.
- 24-Apr-2013 12:41 PM: Some old third exams are available in Files.
- 16-Apr-2013 11:44 AM:FAQ in Project section updated.
- 15-Apr-2013 10:38 AM: Project is unveiled today! Get a sneak peak in the Project section.
- 10-Apr-2013 09:28 AM:
- On Monday, April 15, we will start the project in class. Please bring your laptops to class that day.
- New equation sheet for Exam II available in files. (It has the centroid table from your text on it.)
- 08-Apr-2013 11:59 AM: Calendar updated with homework assignments for this week. Many of the problems need to be downloaded from the Homework section.
- 04-Apr-2013 08:03 PM: Some old second exams are available in Files.
- 21-Mar-2013 10:36 AM: Note this change in homework problems for LE10. Problem 4-69 is to be changed to problem 4-68.
- 19-Mar-2013 04:32 PM: Exam I is next Tuesday! Here's some more info:
- You can use
- Your calculator (A real, stand-alone calculator, not an app on a smart phone)
- This equation sheet. (It will be provided for you at the exam. You do not need to bring a copy with you.)
- Sorry, but no laptops.
- Some old exams are available in Files.
- 08-Mar-2013 03:27 PM:
- Some old first exams posted in the Files section.
- Solutions to homework LE2 posted in Homework section.
- 06-Mar-2013 01:05 PM: Homework problems for next week assigned. Some are in the book, others are available for download in the Homework section.
- 28-Feb-2013 09:47 AM: Look here for course announcements, web updates, and anything we feel like posting.