Facilities use policies and guidelines for the White
The building is dedicated space "in which students can worship
and seek spiritual refuge in time of doubt or troubles." It is a
nondenominational chapel for the worship services of recognized
Priorities for building use are: 1) Recognized Rose-Hulman
groups; 2) RHIT student, faculty and staff, RHIT alums; and 3)
others as resources and personnel are available.
Rose-Hulman groups may reserve dates 13 months to the date in
advance, others 12 months.
- Building use is limited to spiritual and educational programs.
The chapel can be reserved for worship, Bible study and weddings
and memorial services as scheduled through the Union Office. A $100
deposit is required to reserve the facility. MAXIMUM CAPACITY IS
- The building will be available only at prescheduled time. (To
- Building use is subject to facility and personnel availability
and compliance with chapel rules, procedures and policies.
- Chapel staff and authorized personnel are in charge at all
times and all persons and groups are subject to their directions,
instructions, and decisions especially in times prior to or pending
a natural disaster or emergency (e.g., fire, tornado or
- Chapel staff (on duty) are to have access to the chapel at all
- Groups using the facility are responsible for returning the
facility to the condition before use (i.e., removing any
decorations or materials immediately after the service).
- The contact person of a group will be held responsible for the
behavior and actions of the group members while using the facility.
Group members are defined as any person present at the group
function. Groups using the facility must provide the name of
outside minister/s officiating at the service.
- Use of facilities is limited to the group contracting the
- Groups are responsible for any damages or losses incurred
during the reserved time.
- Chapel equipment, furniture or supplies are not to be removed
from the building. NOTHING is to be hung on,
attached to or suspended from the inside or to the
outside of the chapel. It is suggested that easels or table
displays be used as needed.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted in the building or on the
grounds. No intoxicated or inappropriate behavior will be
- Service for food or beverages must be contracted through
Aramark, the campus food service. NO FOOD OR DRINK CAN BE BROUGHT
INTO THE BUILDING. Outside food vendors may not be used.
- Arrangements for musicians are the responsibility of the
renter. Rehearsal time must be arranged
in advance with the Union Office. Groups or individuals using the
facility must provide the names of musicians and/or performers.
Certificates of insurance must be provided for those individuals
contracted by the user.
- Arrangements with florists are to be made by the renter.
Delivery and setup time must be prearranged with the Union
- If needed, ceremony, rehearsal and photography times
are to be booked at the same time. Rehearsal times will be
scheduled around the needs and regularly scheduled services of the
campus groups. Access to the chapel will be available
only during the reservation times cited
in the contract. Reservation times should include time for
setup prior to the ceremony and will not exceed 1½ hours
prior to the service if time is available and
scheduled in advance; cleanup not more than 1 hour after
the ceremony - as time is available. Staff will have access for
necessary cleaning immediately after scheduled ceremony and during
your scheduled cleanup to prepare for the next group.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- No rice, confetti, flower petals or birdseed may be used in the
chapel or the area surrounding the chapel. Bubbles are acceptable
outside the chapel only. (Please do not distribute those
until your guests leave the building.)
- Only dripless or butane candles can be used in the facility.
Two 7-candle candelabra with dripless candles are available for
- Reservations for long-term use by non-Rose groups are
- A copy of the "Use of Facilities Agreement" with a certificate
of insurance must be on file in the Union Office to use the
facility. Payment, insurance info and documentation of arrangements
for the use of the facility are due one month prior to the
- Those using aisle runners should know that the distance from
the bottom step of platform to arch of the hallway is ~65'. The
distance from the bottom of the platform to the lounge is