How to receive credit from your study-abroad experience
also Study Abroad - Global Programs
To receive academic credit for work or courses taken while
studying abroad or performing any other international activity,
such as an internship, you must follow these guidelines:
- Obtain a Transfer of Credit form from the Registrar's Office.
You must complete this form before you leave Rose-Hulman or the
- Before filling out the form, discuss with your advisor and
department chair which courses you should take while abroad. Keep
- You should always list more courses than you plan to take.
- International schools are often slower to update websites and
list current courses online.
- International schools often change the offerings after you have
arrived, so don't panic if this occurs. E-mail your department
chair and list your final course selections for the term.
- IMPORTANT: When you see your chair for course approval on the
Transfer of Credit form, take descriptions about each course you
intend to take so he or she can determine it the course is