A senior who, at the end of spring term, will be only a few
courses short of completing graduation requirements and who can
reasonably expect to fulfill those requirements over the summer
will be listed in the Commencement Program as a "Summer
Completion," that is, the student will graduate in August.
- A graduating senior for whom a grade in a required course is
not submitted before the stipulated deadline will become a "Summer
Completion." For more information see Graduation Requirements.
- A student who completes requirements for graduation prior to
the first day of classes of the fall term at Rose-Hulman will be
granted an August degree. Thereafter, the degree will be dated as
of the end of the term in which the requirements were
- No more than 12 credit hours in total may be transferred after
the last term in residence. These credits must be given prior
approval by the Head of the student's major department and by the
Head of the department in which those credits apply.
- No more than eight credit hours in named, required courses of
the student's major may be transferred after the last term in
residence. These credits must have prior approval of the Head of
the student's major department. The Department Head shall have the
responsibility of determining the acceptability of courses taken at
- All the limitations under Transfer Credit apply.
- A student desiring exception to any of the above provisions
must submit a written petition to the Admissions and Standing
Committee who will, in turn, submit it, along with the Committee's
recommendation for approval or disapproval, to the entire Faculty
for its vote.
Exceptions & Questions: Consult the
Admissions and Standing Committee.
to Rules & Procedures.