What to expect from a Rose-Hulman student
When you recruit graduates from one of the top engineering schools in the nation, you can expect intelligent, well-rounded employees who are experienced enough to hit the ground running for your company. Even though their majors are in engineering, science or mathematics, our students are also required to take a number of humanities classes. In addition, their internships and senior projects give them real-world experience so they know about the importance of teamwork, diligence and good communication skills.
A quick look at our current freshman class gives you an idea of the caliber of student accepted to Rose-Hulman:
- Median Class Rank (Percentile): Top 6%
- 71 ranked in the top three positions of their high school classes (of schools that report rank)
- 234 were involved in community service
- Over 260 participated in performing arts
- 117 participated on academic teams
- 291 played varsity sports
- Median SAT: 630 critical reading, 690 math
- Median ACT: 29 English, 32 math
What do Rose-Hulman students study?
Rose-Hulman offers 21 programs of study plus an even larger number of minors. The largest number of students major in mechanical engineering, with chemical engineering and electrical engineering following. Programs of study include the following:
|Aerospace Studies||Computer Science||Mechanical Engineering|
|Applied Biology||Economics||Military Science|
|Biochemistry & Molecular Biology||Electrical Engineering||Optical Engineering|
|Biomedical Engineering||Engineering Physics||Physics|
|Chemical Engineering||International Studies||Pre-Professional Programs|
Download enrollment figures by major for the current academic year.