Become a Peer Advisor for 2012-2013!
What is a Peer Advisor (PA)?
Peer Advisors are valuable members of the Career Services team who will assist you with a variety of career-related issues. These upperclassmen are chosen because of their strong work experiences in their industries and their ability to connect well with their peers. They are trained to:
- Assist with resume reviews
- Help students find out about networking with companies
- Teach students how to search for jobs on eRecruiting
- Share about their personal successes
Interested in applying to be a Peer Advisor?
The application process starts on Wednesday April 11th and runs through Monday, April 30th at 5pm. Interviews will be held the week of May 14th and decisions should be made by May 21st.
Basic criteria we consider when making our selections:
- Must be a junior or senior in good standing. Seniors are preferred, but juniors with excellent work experience will be considered. Graduate students are also eligible.
- Should have strong work experiences throughout your time at Rose-Hulman in the form of internships, co-op, research or work at Rose-Hulman Ventures.
- Should have excellent communication skills.
- Able to keep 8-10 office hours per week, including evening hours
- Be available to attend a two- to three-day training prior to the beginning of classes in the Fall.