1. Books are checked out for 30 days to undergraduates, 90 days to graduate students and 365 days for faculty and staff. You will receive via e-mail a courtesy notice approximately two days before your book is to be returned followed by an overdue notice seven days past your due date. Following your due date you will have a 30-day grace period without an overdue fine. After 30 days you will receive a lost book bill. The lost book bill covers the replacement cost of the book plus a processing fee of $15.00 per book. The cost of the book will be "forgiven" when you return the book, but you will be required to pay the processing fee if you let the book go past the grace period. Please avoid these charges by returning your library items on time or by taking advantage of our self-renewal feature by following these steps:
- Go to the library catalog at http://pumbaa.indstate.edu/*eng
- Click "log-in" at the top right of the screen.
- Enter the BARCODE on the back of your student or faculty ID and your pin number. If you do not have a PIN number, you will need to create one. To create a PIN just enter your barcode and leave the PIN field blank and click LOGIN. . You will then be prompted to create a PIN number.
- Place a check mark by the books you would like to renew and click "renew."
Note: you can only renew this way one time. After that you will need to bring the item to the library.
2. Items are subject to recall.
3. Reference items are to be used in the library unless special permission is given by the librarian. Reserve materials are to be used in the library unless otherwise instructed by the professor.
1. Interlibrary loan service is available on demand and usually without cost to the student. Note: A minimum of five business days should be allocated for articles, and seven days for books. It may take longer. Turnaround time is determined by the lender, not our library.
2. Your Rose-Hulman ID allows you to use Cunningham Memorial Library at Indiana State University and St. Mary-of-the-Woods Library. You may also register as a patron at Vigo County Public Library, located at 7th and Poplar Streets.
3. Beverages and snacks are permitted. Please be polite and clean up after yourself.
4. Please recall that all Rose-Hulman buildings are smoke-free.
Suggestions for improving the library and its collections are always welcomed. Please drop a note to the librarian or come to the Circulation Desk.