How to use the Learning Center
The Learning Center is filled with resources and friendly faces ready to help you. Your first step is to stop by for a visit - you'll find us in the lower level of the Logan Library. See below for some services that we provide.
- Review materials such as topic handouts, study tips, practice problems and past exams.
- Sit down and study for as long as you need.
- Check out the workshop schedule and make plans to attend those that are of interest to you. All year long we offer workshops on topics to improve student success and to promote lifelong learning.
- Attend a review session. Each quarter during 10th week, review sessions are held in Olin for select courses to assist students in preparation for final exams. At the session, review packets and tutors will be available to help students review course material.
- Work with a tutor. We have tutors available for walk-in assistance in freshman and sophomore courses plus many upperclassman courses. Writing tutors are also available to help with essays, research papers, resumes, cover letters, lab reports and theses. Check out the schedules page to find out when tutors are available for your classes.
- Make an appointment. If you have a specific tutor with whom you like to work with or you feel that you need a regular meeting time, you can make a single or multiple appointments with a tutor for on-on-one assistance.
Remember, the Learning Center is your resource and is designed to help students at all levels and get you on the road to success!