International Travel Process
1. President pre‐approves all international travel.
- President’s office returns signed International Travel form to employee, Risk Management (RM), and Office of Global Programs (OGP) by email
2. Employee can now make reservations and plan trip.
3. The office of Global Programs provides the traveler a specific list of information that must be provided for travel to be
approved. International Travel form will not be submitted to the appropriate vice president for FINAL
approval until all required items have been obtained. Those items may include:
- Copy of passport
- Emergency contact info
- Copy of flight itinerary
- Copy of trip itinerary
- Proof of registration with Department of State/Embassy
4. The office of Global Programs may also provide the following as appropriate:
- Safety alerts for international travel
- Safety measures to be addressed before traveler returns to campus.
5. When all requirements have been met, OGP authorizes International Travel form and provides a
copy of all documents, including Travel Authorization form to RM.
6. RM reviews the International Travel form. Upon acceptance, RM sends the travel form to the
appropriate VP for final approval.
7. Appropriate VP approves.
- VP emails signed Travel Authorization form to RM and the employee.
- RM provides employee with Travel Assist/Medical card… per trip!
8. If Travel Advance is required, employee submits the final approval form to Accounts Payable
(AP) for processing.
EMPLOYEE MUST PLAN AHEAD. FINAL APPROVAL MUST BE OBTAINED BEFORE THE EMPLOYEE CAN
DEPART. Trip costs and related expenses will not be reimbursed if the trip did not have documented
FINAL approval prior to departure.