Helping your student succeed
There are a number of ways that you can help your student be successful while at Rose-Hulman and when after graduation. Please encourage your student to get involved with the Career Services Office and make the most of what we have to offer.
- Encourage your student to stop by the Career Services office. We make it a point to visit all freshmen during their College and Life Skills class their first quarter, but our doors are always open to them. We have a wealth of information to share!
- Ask to see your student's resume. We encourage students to always keep an updated copy of their resume in our eRecruiting system. This system is where we post all job opportunities for internships, co-ops and full-time work. Asking to see their resume not only encourages them to keep it updated, but lets you take a peek at what they've been working on!
- Attend our presentations each year on Moms' Day and Dads' Day. Our director speaks about the job market and opportunities for students to get work experiences and invites other students to come and speak about their own successes.
- Become familiar with our website and services. We promote everything we have to offer, but our busy students may overlook things. If you also know what services we have available, you can encourage them to seek us out, too!
- Encourage your student to attend our events. We plan three on-campus Career Fairs each year as well as a Graduate School Fair each fall. We also provide a variety of workshops and events that are beneficial for students of all classes. Schedules and event details are available on our website!