Engineers Without Borders-USA (EWB-USA) is a non-profit humanitarian organization established to partner with developing communities worldwide in order to improve their quality of life.
These partnerships involve the implementation of environmentally and economically sustainable engineering projects, while involving and training internationally responsible engineering professionals.
The activities of EWB-USA range from the construction of sustainable systems that developing communities can own and operate without external assistance, to empowering such communities by enhancing local,
technical, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills. These projects are initiated by, and completed with contributions from the host community. Since its founding in 2000, EWB-USA has run more than 80 projects in 35 countries.
We are Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology students committed to applying our knowledge of engineering in order to design and implement feasible solutions to improve the quality of life in third world countries.
- We believe in change that can contribute positively to the communities in which we work.
- We believe in partnerships with academic advisors, engineering professionals, and community leaders who are devoted to building a more equitable and sustainable world.
- We believe in environmentally sustainable projects that are
symbiotic with the environment, society, and economy of local culture.
- We believe in education that raises global awareness, instills moral values, and provides practical experience.
- We believe in ethics that require the highest level of integrity - ethics that promote honesty, communication, and forthright disclosure - ethics that promote human dignity and value diversity.
The Rose-Hulman Engineers Without Borders chapter formed in September of 2004, and currently has over 20 members. Our team is comprised of engineers from a wide variety of disciplines and interests. We are genuinely excited
about putting our diverse skills into a place where they are needed.
President: Alex Morelli
President: Ryan Oliver
Vice-President: Ryann-Rebecca Montgomery
Secretary: Marcel Snijder van Wissenkerke
Webmaster: Vismay Modi
Treasurer: Zhengyuan Fang
Fundraising Manager: Joseph McGoff